Be your company, organization, personal, whatever you are trying to do, in as much, it deals with your presence on the internet, you will need a domain name. A domain name gives you a reputation that is personal to you. It’s like your home address, nobody can have access to you without using this medium. An example of a domain name is www.cmsfolks.com. This domain name is the address that shows your visitors, users or customers where your files are since you are building a website. Looking at the word “website” you’ll notice that it is the combination of two words “web” and “site”. A site in architectural term can be said to be a location for building project while the word Web can have its synonyms to be Network, interconnections etc. Defining a website can be said to be an online location where files are stored for easy access by the public or expected agencies and a domain name point to that online location which is the website.
Importance of a Domain Name
There are several reasons why you need a domain name, among which are:
- If you ever change your web host (this is the company that host or keep your files for you on the internet), your domain name still remains with you. This is unlike the offline address, where by the moment you change your location, the address is forced to change. Since our regular visitor already knows cmsfolks.com, even if we change our webhost, our address still remains the same, except we want to change it.
- As a brand (either business or personal), you will need a domain name. it gives you reputation and credibility online. People tends to take you serious and to do business with you. Not having a domain name, our advice, pack up and go back to stone age or get one now. The world is a global village, and business these days are done at the speed of thought
- Should you want sponsors for your business or website, a domain name is non-negotiable, this will make your company have an aura of reputation.
- Should your domain name have a cliché with your business name or product name, people will easily remember and come again.
Over view of Registration…
To have a domain name, you will need to register with a registrar and this registrar must have properly partnered with ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers). The cost of registration can sometimes be free or can also cost a little buck from your purse. Getting the free domain is usually when you allow your webhost to register for you and we have some free domain name register which we will always advice against. It is advice able not to register your domain name and webhost with the same company. Because it is usually very hard for a company to be perfect in the same business. It is either one is perfected while the other lag behind.
A lot of people say all good name are already taken. Despite being, so we still strongly don’t believe that. Our domain name as at the time of the writing, is still barely 4month old. Yet we have a domain name we are very proved of. And we believe you can easily remember www.cmsfolks.com
Registering a domain with the right registrar buck is a lot cheap than you thinks. A US$10 or less will get your domain name properly registered with the right company for a year.
Must do Before registering a Domain Name
- You must have a list of names that you will like to register. A list of five (5) names is enough. One name can bring disappointment if already taken leaving you with no option. But a little list will help a lot. Here at CMSFollks, we also made a list of five (5) when we were to register for a domain name. And they are:
and luckily, we had our first choice available to use. Hence, making a list can come very handy
- Which domain name extension will you prefer? Is it .com extension, .org extension, .co.uk extension. Whatever you want, it’s your call, it’s your decision. We at CMSFolks, we prefer to use a .com extension. This is a personal preference….no need of any other thing. If there is any benefit, we will say people get easily attached to .com, but time as changed now, people get attached to the site that offers them what they want, so focus on what’s working and shift attention focus on what’s working. That is all, nothing is significant about .com extension.
- Do this assignment, know your domain name server (DNS) if you already have a webhost. The DNS helps to point your domain name to your files if your website is being hosted somewhere else. Ask your hosting provider, they should be more than willing to help you with that. If you don’t have a webhost, you can get one with hostGator.
List of Trusted Domain Name Registrars…
The registrars below are companies we singled out and picked and we are happy to partner with them. They are simply the best you can see out there. And for the fact that we value our readers, we take time to write about these domain registrars
Just remember that you using these registrars above, we get compensated for it and they also give to you a discount for using their service through us…it’s a win win platform
Should you want free domain name probably due to your budget, these hosting companies will give your free domain name registration. If you buy any of their packages. The down side is that, you must buy a hosting plan with them. Any hosting plan with them will give you free domain name registration package.
List of Host with Best Free Domain Name Registration
kindly remember that you using these webhosts domain name registra above, we get compensated for it and they also give to you a discount for using their service through us…it’s a win win platform